Performance issues with IP Filtering enabled. - Version 0.9.3

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
It appears that I am having some performance issues with IP filtering enabled in rtorrent version 0.9.3. According to the logs, I am not able to communicate with all the peers that I was able to with filtering disabled. A decrease in the amount of peers was expected (as I should be now blocking communications with some hosts), but it doesn't appear (according to the logs) that connections are being attempted, nevermind allowed or blocked.

Attached are logs that show connections attempted (handshake_manager) with IP filtering off, as well as how there are significantly less connections attempted with IP filtering on. I have confirmed that handshake_manager entries that are showing as errors or failures in the logs are not contained in the IP Filtering list.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
There appears to be a limit to what the size of the file can be.

Code:
root ~ # ls -la .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.downloadmanager.rTorrent/ipfilter*
-rwxr--r-- 1 root root 5616919 Jan 2 22:43 .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.downloadmanager.rTorrent/ipfilter.dat
-rwxr--r-- 1 root root 2848648 Jan 3 22:37 .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.downloadmanager.rTorrent/ipfilter3mb.txt
-rwxr--r-- 1 root root 3900431 Jan 3 22:53 .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.downloadmanager.rTorrent/ipfilter4mb.txt
-rwxr--r-- 1 root root 4998743 Jan 3 22:57 .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.downloadmanager.rTorrent/ipfilter5mb.txt

The original file, ipfilter.dat, was over 5.5 MB in size.
I tried a scaled down version of the file, ipfilter3mb.txt, that was 2.8 MB in size, and the application operated normally.
I tried a few other files that were slightly larger. It appears that the application starts to have trouble around the 5 MB file size, or about 300,000 entries.

At this size, the application did not work.
Code:
1357273120 I Loaded 338529 unwanted address blocks (10817 kb in-memory) from '/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.downloadmanager.rTorrent/ipfilter.dat'.
At this size, the application appears to work.
Code:
1357273425 I Loaded 302651 unwanted address blocks (10300 kb in-memory) from '/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.downloadmanager.rTorrent/ipfilter5mb.txt'.

Can anyone else confirm these findings, or is this just a problem with my OS/implementation?