Queue system

simur612

May 25, 2018
Queue system that allow the rtorrent to download 3 or 4 torrent at time, once done with it, it will then continue the one next on queue.

saroos1

May 25, 2018
this isn't needed. Rtorrennt works on global settings.

you set total number of connections it's allowed to make, total bandwidth, and so on.

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
I would rephrase a little this request. It will be very convinient to have queue system which will work like this: i've put several torrents files (a movie, a music and a game, for example) into rtorrent via rutorrent. Now I can see several torrents in queue to be downloaded (they havent' started yet) and I need to put a number of downloading to each of them: I want to download the movie first. After that downloading will be done, I want the game starts to download. And after the game was downloaded, I want to download the music. It will solve several problems at once:1. The problem with data fragmentation when several torrents are downloading at once. 2. The problem of downloading most wanted data first (the movie in example above), cause priority system does not sovle it - anyway other torrents take part of my inet channel bandwidth.
I know some people besides me who would love to see such queue system in rutorrent.
-------------
По русски smiley.gif. Уважаемый Novik, пожалуйста, рассмотрите возможность создания системы очередности. Знаю что Вы и по-английски все прочтете, но не уверен, что достаточно четко смог сформулировать мысль smiley.gif. В общем, смысл в том, чтобы при постановке на закачку нескольких торрентов была возможность задать очередность их скачивания. Например, добавил я на закачку фильм, игру и музыку. Хочу, чтоб первым закачался фильм, второй - игрушка, а музыка - самой последней. Причем смысл в том, чтобы каждый из торрентов закачивался с максимально возможной скоростью, на всю, так сказать, ширину канала. Выставлением приоритетов и ограничением канала этого добиться невозможно. Кроме закачки в первую очередь желаемого контента, заодно решается еще один немаловажный, на мой взгляд, вопрос - вопрос фрагментации данных. На данный момент, если происходит закачка нескольких "толстых" файлов, я их после закачки сливаю на другую машину (перемещаю), а затем возвращаю назад. Иначе, через какое-то время скорость работы с данными на HDD падает до критически низкой отметки.
Если интересно, могу поделиться своим видением реализации подобной системы (речь, конечно, об интерфейсе, до программирования я не дорос sad.gif).

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Quote:
1. The problem with data fragmentation when several torrents are downloading at once.

I think, this must be solved by another way - you need to recompile your libtorrent with configure option --with-posix-fallocate (AFAIK, it setted by default, if fallocate is supported in your system) and set option system.file_allocate.set=yes in your rtorrent.rc. As result, all torrent files will be created on download start and data fragmentation will be minimal.

Quote :

2. The problem of downloading most wanted data first (the movie in example above), cause priority system does not sovle it - anyway other torrents take part of my inet channel bandwidth.

May be in future - too complex work. Now you may see this -
http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2816289
This version now is ugly and buggy (IMHO) but it's author still working on it.

randac56

May 25, 2018
Hello,

I'm not sure it can solve your problem but i found this Torrent Management System with rTorrent and Bash.
Features :
  • Limit the number of concurrent active torrents
  • Queue and start inactive torrents
  • Move downloaded files to a second directory and continue to seed the torrent to a specific ratio
  • Move seeded files to a third directory and remove associated .torrent files
  • Manage bandwidth usage to keep the DSL connection useful
  • Move files from the final directory to the appropriate external locations