Right Click on iPad; iPad 2; iPhone or other iDevices.

jith45

May 25, 2018
Dear All,

I am sure there are a lot of people using iPad or iPhone to operate rutorrent. I have just tested the devices on, it works perfectly, the only exception is: you can't load the torrent from the search result by using the mentioned devices.

I have tried with single tap with 1 or 2 fingers and also hold the result with 1 or 2 fingers. No matter how i press or tap it, there isn't a right click context menu appears. I am sure there is a very simple way to sort this problem out, could anyone give me hand on it? wink.gif wink.gif

Many thanks

Attachments

das329717

May 25, 2018
I think we need to get dsouvik an ipad =)

I can start a "buy dsouvik an ipad fund" or we can try to find a developer with an ipad who cares.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
In my country this device is not sell officially. As result - IMHO only hm... rich motherfuckes (? may be this is a not correct english word, don't know wink.gif) have it. (Yet once - in my country, i mean wink.gif))

Another way - you show me existing web application (which works on PC and iPad), where this problem is solved.

Attachments

jith45

May 25, 2018
Thanks for the findings. I have seen all these posts before i decided to post it here.

http://mobilemouse.com/forum/showthread.php?461-Right-click-in-iPad-version

the above link, only works when you use your ipad or iphone as the mouse to control your PC; MAC; Linux computer. it is not going to work on the ipad & iphone internally.

http://www.damsels.org/forum/showthread.php/198098-How-do-I-right-click-on-an-iPad
http://www.computing.net/answers/iphone/can-you-right-click-on-a-ipad/1533.html

the above 2 links shows the main points as:

1, hold the link or target area with 1 or 2 fingers, and wait for the menu pop up (like the popup for right click).
2, tap by 2 fingers like using it like MAC.

in summary, the above 2 points are not working in practice.

Thanks for the links anyway.

jith45

May 25, 2018
@dsouvik215, I can setup the remote access for you to access my ipad. not for now, as the jailbreak for ipad 2 has not been released. I will give you the access few days later as the developer for jailbreak ipad 2 said it will be released very soon.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
I can start a "buy dsouvik215 an ipad fund" or we can try to find a developer with an ipad who cares.

randac56

May 25, 2018
Thanx, but this is unusially. I can use various iPad emulators (for example, http://www.testiphone.com/) but i can't control it by my fingers
All of its doesn't emulate 'touch' events.
I have tested on http://www.testiphone.com/ and some other emulators, they are not working exactly the same as the actual device. from the surface to see, the relevant difference is the right click on iDevice = idevice home button (press to return to the idevice desktop). This might be the key mapping from the iDevice VNC software (Currently using Veency on iPhone 4), not sure of it. So far, I can see the iDevice is using the left click to control the left and right click by single click the left mouse and holding the left click key respectively.

Please see the pic when i hold the left click key on the iDevice,

above is what happen when i hold the left click, the safari internal option will popup rather than the normal right click context menu.

Feel free if you would like to test the iDevice through remote access.

Let me know.

simur612

May 25, 2018
yah, i got an ipad2 recently.....they don't cost that much here but they sure did take forever to ship

simur612

May 25, 2018
I can start a "buy novik an ipad fund" or we can try to find a developer with an ipad who cares.

randac56

May 25, 2018
if you want to start a buy novik an ipad fund we can do this:

I run the main donation page. You can use this donation link:

and put "novik's ipad" as the subject/topic

When it reaches enough to buy and ship the ipad to novik, (which is amost certainly cheaper than buying it in russia because it's cheap in america AND my brother runs the shipping department of VDL) I will make sure he gets it.

I will even update this thread with the current "amount"

I will put in 20 dollars to start it.

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Thanx, but really i don't need this device. I think, i will find another way to solve this problem in the nearest future.

simur612

May 25, 2018
Here small plugin for emulate right mouse button. It place to toolbar additional button with mouse icon. After pressing this button *one next left click* (or, i guess, one touch of iPad screen) will be interpreted as right click.
This plugin works normally for PC, but i can't test it for iPad. Check.

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Here small plugin for emulate right mouse button. It place to toolbar additional button with mouse icon. After pressing this button *one next left click* (or, i guess, one touch of iPad screen) will be interpreted as right click.
This plugin works normally for PC, but i can't test it for iPad. Check.
mouse plugin works but i know a lot fo peopel complain about the scrolling.....

randac56

May 25, 2018
scrolling is very slow and it isn't very easy with the typical ipad method because ipad normally scrolls with 1 finger

when you try this, it tries to MOVE the entire page. the ONLY way to scroll whe you have a lot of torrents is to use 2 fingers on the frame and it is slow and uncomfortable. It would be easier to understand if you had an iphone or ipad, on iphone it's even worse than on ipad

peshua19

May 25, 2018
scrolling is very slow and it isn't very easy with the typical ipad method because ipad normally scrolls with 1 finger
I temporarily steal iPad from my boss
As result - i add plugin for iPad.

svn checkout http://rutorrent.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/plugins/ipad

You must also update core files from svn for work with it.

Points.
1) Long tap => right mouse button click.
2) Double tap => left mouse double click
3) All tables (and most of ather objects) are scrolled by one finger.
4) Windows may be moved, layout (panels sizes, columns sizes and positions) may be changed.

But should warn - work with big tables (>50 records) is a possible, but is a not comfortable. Too slow javascript machine.