[SOLVED]Rutorrent keeps messing up with UTF8 and ANSI

simur612

May 25, 2018
Hi,

For some reason I have this issue on a new setup. Ubuntu server 13.04, latest rtorrent/libtorrent, Rutorrent 3.6 rev 2404 and https://github.com/autodl-community/autodl-irssi.

Everytime I refresh Rutorrent, the .autodl gets converted to ANSI encoding. Then I get this message from irssi:

Code:
11:34 -!- Irssi: Reading configuration files
11:34 utf8 "\xFC" does not map to Unicode at /home/jelly/.irssi/scripts/AutodlIrssi/ConfigFileParser.pm line 54, <$fh> line 248.
11:34
11:34 utf8 "\xE9" does not map to Unicode at /home/jelly/.irssi/scripts/AutodlIrssi/ConfigFileParser.pm line 54, <$fh> line 248.
Line 248 in autodl.cfg is: [filter WTOP100]

And from Rutorrent:

Code:
Could not read file autodl.cfg: AJAX error, status: error, Exception info: Not Found
If I open it locally with Notepad++ I see the encoding is ANSI. If I convert it to UTF8 (no BOM) and send it back, it works again... Until I add a new filter for example, and then it bugs again.

Thing is, ANSI or UTF8, the filters still works and download normally. It's just the Rutorrent plugin that doesn't work anymore after I refresh it.

Any idea why Rutorrent would behave like this ?

Thanks.

randac56

May 25, 2018
K found the issue: no special characters.. i had "é"... what a mess only for a single character ffs.