Ubuntu Seedbox with rtorrent | rutorrent | pureftpd | multi-user (optional)

randac56

May 25, 2018
if renting out seedboxes, is there any downside to using the multiple users on one ip model as opposed to setting up VPS for each customer?

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Hello
all

i have a probleme to install rtorrent/rutorrent

Error 1
Code:
(19:42:57) Using 'epoll' based polling.
(19:42:57) The SCGI socket is bound to a specific network device yet may still pose a security risk, consider using 'scgi_local'.

Error 2
Code:
[26.06.2013 2:08:07 p.m.] screenshots: The plug-in will not work. rTorrent can not access the program (s) (s) External (s). (ffmpeg).
[26.06.2013 2:08:07 p.m.] mediainfo: The plug-in will not work. rTorrent can not access the program (s) (s) External (s). (mediainfo).
plz help
tx in advence

simur612

May 25, 2018
thank you it worked

I have another error

[[26.06.2013 11:01:38 p.m.] FILE MANAGER: Handling rar archives disabled (found applications)
[26.06.2013 11:01:38 p.m.] FILE MANAGER: zip Handling disabled archives (found applications)
[26.06.2013 11:01:38 p.m.] FILE MANAGER ignited​
i have install unzip and unrar not work

you have a file manager has webui recommend me
tx

simur612

May 25, 2018
Hello Kolor,

Some question regarding rutorrent.

after server finish download the file, we can download to pc from rutorrent webui right?

the problem here, if i download from webui using IDM, i only get 1 connection and cannot resume.

it is have any step to make the IDM can resume the download and make a maximum connection??

randac56

May 25, 2018
Hi guys

Amazing guide. Just one quick question. Had some internet problems and my connection dropped out a few times. When I tried to reconnect, got the error that there is a maximum of 5 users per IP and it's already reached. How can I increase that maxium?

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Hi guys

Amazing guide. Just one quick question. Had some internet problems and my connection dropped out a few times. When I tried to reconnect, got the error that there is a maximum of 5 users per IP and it's already reached. How can I increase that maxium?
More then likely that's the tracker. You had too many "dirty" disconnections from the server. Normally after some time your download should resume

saroos1

May 25, 2018
Excellent guide. This helped me get everything setup, but I am having one problem and it is described here:

http://forums.rutorrent.org/index.php?topic=4629.0

Basically, rutorrent doesn't seem to be taking the port settings in the rtorrent.rc or the changes that I make in the listen port of the rutorrent gui settings. I was thinking it may have been a permissions thing, so I added my user to the www-data group and tried again, but still nothing. Any help would be appreciated!!

simur612

May 25, 2018
Thank you for this famous tutorial. It was first simply step-by-step tutorial for linux noobs (i.e. for me :-D). Unfortunately isn't working under Ubuntu 13.10 and ruTorrent 3.5 and 3.6 as well due to error "Bad response from server: (500, [error, getplugins]). I found advice in one forum for installation of "php5-json" which solving this error (sudo apt-get install php5 json).

Maybe will be this information usefull for others - I'm lost two days with solving of this problem.

edit: seccond issue was new version of Apache (2.4.6) and small change in apache2.conf file. New have to be name of "default" virtual host file with .conf extension.

For more information see this link.

btw, Apache have some problem with line "Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews" therefore I commented it.

PS: I know it's a bit old news but I made upgrade to Ubuntu 13.10 today :).

randac56

May 25, 2018
Hi thank you for this most excellent guide. I am having an issue. When I load rtorrent via ssh I get the following message:
(22:46:56) Using 'epoll' based polling.
(22:46:56) The SCGI socket is bound to a specific network device yet may still p
ose a security risk, consider using 'scgi_local'.​
ANd when I load of ruTorrent I get the following:

Bad response from server: (200 [parsererror,getintervals]) {"next":754,"interval":3​

Any help with trying to resolve this would be appreciated.

Thank you

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Hi thank you for this most excellent guide. I am having an issue. When I load rtorrent via ssh I get the following message
Just an informative message, nothing to worry about
ANd when I load of ruTorrent I get the following:
Try the following:
Code:
sudo chown -R <rtorrent-user>:<web-server-group> /var/www/rutorrent
sudo chmod -R 770 /var/www/rutorrentIf you're unsure as what to fill in as <rutorrent-user>, just use your current username. If you don't know what to use as <web-server-group>, it's probably "www-data" so fill that in.

Also check your /var/www/rutorrent/conf/config.php (and make sure that "<?php" is the start of the file, there should be nothing before that)

And read everything in the OP of this thread starting at "rTorrent - ruTorrent communication"