RSS not updating

das329717

May 25, 2018
For the last week now, the rss has been taking up to 20 minutes to update. I have always had it set at 5 min. If i click to manually update. I see the torrent pop up and start downloading. When i check in /var/www/rutorrent/plugins/rss it is still set to update in 5 min. The only thing that has changed is last week i did svn up in plugins.......not sure if rss updated or not.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
check the conf.php

there is no reason that i can think of that would cause it update later. It would either work as expected or not work at all but not in the way you describe.

Are you sure that it's not acutally being updated manually EVERY time?

Or that it's updating when you load the client in the browser?

do you have initplugins.php set in your .rtorrent.rc?

(mine looks like this, for instance:
Code:
execute = {sh,-c,/opt/webstack/bin/php /opt/webstack/http/php/initplugins.php wonslung &}

the execute = part is easy to understand, the other things which might be confusing are the first path is the path to the php binary (on most systems this would be something like /usr/bin/php ) the second path is the path to the initplugins.php itself (which is rutorrent's root/php/initplugins.php ) followed by the username which would be set to log in (this would be the user log in with if you have auth setup, for instance mine is /opt/webstack/http/conf/users/wonslung/

anyways....if you do not have a similar line set in your .rtorrent.rc rss wouldn't start loading until the first time you actually loaded rtorrent.

another thing you might try is setting up the execute log to see what's happening or if it's running when it's supposed to.

(i think this is execute.log = /some/file )
for instance:
Code:
execute.log = /tmp/execute.log

anyways, i hope you get it working

das329717

May 25, 2018
Do i use the user i run rtorrent in or the log in name for rutorrent in .rtorrent.rc?

This is my conf.php does it look right?

Code:
<?php

define(&#39;HISTORY_MAX_COUNT&#39;, 100);
define(&#39;HISTORY_MAX_TRY&#39;, 3);
define(&#39;WAIT_AFTER_LOADING&#39;, 0);

$updateInterval = 5; // in minutes

?>

das329717

May 25, 2018
Last night everything went fine, 3-5 min average. Then today, it was fine till about 8. Fringe was up for 27 min and when i looked rss had not updated. As soon as a manually did it.......it loaded fine. I just do not understand wtf is wrong with it.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
well you should also know that not all sites update the rss itself on the exact schedule.

I doubt this is a rutorrent issue, it sounds more like an issue with rss itself and/or connection

one thing is for sure, its not going to skip from 5 minutes to 8 minutes
like i said before

it either works or it doesn't

i SERIOUSLY doubt this is rutorrent, and it more likely the site in question. You can find out for sure by checking the execute.log and the site rss.

you use the user you use for webauth.

though, like i said, you should have it set up in rutorrent/conf/users/

so for instance, i run rtorrent as rtuser1 but my login via nginx (webserver) is wonslung

i have the directory /opt/webstack/http/rutorrent/conf/users/wonslung/ which has my config.php for rutorrent

so the line i have in my .rtorrent.rc uses the user wonslung, just like i explained before.

das329717

May 25, 2018
I understand what your saying. What i don't get is this.
-I have been using bmtv for a long time, never had an issue with rss.
-I do not see and errors in the logger on ruTorrent for and of the sites.
-I can see stuff was put up at 23:19, 23:18, 23:22 and yet all three were grabbed at 23:30
-The few torrents i do grab from other sites are being grabbed late as well.
-As soon as a manually update, it shows up in the list and grabs it. I have yet to find it not downloading hit the update button and not see the show in the rss list.

Where do i find the execute.log?

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
I understand what your saying. What i don't get is this.
-I have been using bmtv for a long time, never had an issue with rss.
-I do not see and errors in the logger on ruTorrent for and of the sites.
-I can see stuff was put up at 23:19, 23:18, 23:22 and yet all three were grabbed at 23:30
-The few torrents i do grab from other sites are being grabbed late as well.
-As soon as a manually update, it shows up in the list and grabs it. I have yet to find it not downloading hit the update button and not see the show in the rss list.

Where do i find the execute.log?
you still have yet to say whether or not you have the proper line in your .rtorrent.rc

without the initplugins line rss won't START until rtorrent as been at least manually loaded once.

are you sure you're not just looking at the finished time (as in it finished downloaded at that time?)

anyways, i guess it's possible i'm wrong but i've never seen rutorrent behave in the manner you say and it makes no sense outside of some weird timing issue on the server itself (as in not an rutorrent issue) or something with the rss.

anyways, i'd still like to see the execute.log results.

das329717

May 25, 2018
I added
Code:
log.execute = ~/exec.loginto .rtorrent.rc

Code:
execute = {sh,-c,/usr/bin/php /var/www/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php shankedgolfer &}Is what i have it .rtorrent.rc
No i am looking at the added time. Finished just shows you how long ago it was completed.

Also i just want to say, i really appreciate your help cheesy.gif One of the reasons i love using ruT is the great help one can get if they have issues cheesy.gif

What am i looking for in the log? Should i just grab the whole file and put it in dropbox so you can look?

When it fails you can see it only updates every fifteen minutes. HDbits is not the site i have been having probs with. Its been on bmtv. So it can't be the site that's giving me the problem.

Attachments

somus1735

May 25, 2018
There's an error in your log, but I'm not sure it's what causing your RSS to fail since it's autotools:

Code:
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method rTorrentSettings::load() in ......../rutorrent/plugins/autotools/watch.php on line 46
Try re-installing the plugins, they may be missing some files.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
There's an error in your log, but I'm not sure it's what causing your RSS to fail since it's autotools:

Code:
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method rTorrentSettings::load() in ......../rutorrent/plugins/autotools/watch.php on line 46
Try re-installing the plugins, they may be missing some files.
Such error means: user have svn version of core files, but old (release) version of plugins files

das329717

May 25, 2018
I re installed /rss and it works now cheesy.gif There is even a timer that shows how long before the update will run cheesy.gif thanks guys!!!!!

I take that back, it looked as if it was updating.... But when i got home from work, it was the same. It shows the count down at 5 min. But doesn't update for 15 :/ I sat and watched it. Counted down to zero and then started again. Outsourced was uploaded for 7 min. I had to manually update it for it to grab it :/ bah! I even tried pywhatauto but couldn't get working :/ bah!

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
RSS works on such way:

1) One per 30 min (or per another interval from plugins conf.php) rTorrent receive contents of all feeds and place its to local cache. In your case - to directory rutorrent/share/users/shankedgolfer/rss
rTorrent user must have permission for write to this directory. Check this.
2) When you load ruTorrent, web-server's user periodically load local cache and sent it to interface. Timer on interface show *this* interval.
3) When you manually update feed, web-server's user receive contents of feed, place its to local cache and send this info to ruTorrent interface

somus1735

May 25, 2018
I re installed /rss and it works now cheesy.gif There is even a timer that shows how long before the update will run cheesy.gif thanks guys!!!!!

I take that back, it looked as if it was updating.... But when i got home from work, it was the same. It shows the count down at 5 min. But doesn't update for 15 :/ I sat and watched it. Counted down to zero and then started again. Outsourced was uploaded for 7 min. I had to manually update it for it to grab it :/ bah! I even tried pywhatauto but couldn't get working :/ bah!
IRC downloads are faster than RSS: http://forums.rutorrent.org/index.php?topic=517.0

das329717

May 25, 2018
Yes i know irc is much faster. I have tried pywhatauto. But could never get it to see anything from any announce channel. I prefer rss only because i can put shows into diff folders. I do not use just one folder. I like to separate everything. tv.hd|tv|movies|kids.shows|games|music|apps|documentaries| Unfortunately with an irc auto you can only use the watch folder and put everything into on place. I thought i would just do sd.tv from bmtv as it the highest amount of dl's for me. Just direct the download to there. Then use rss for everything else. But I tried irissi a few months back. Could never really chat with anyone in irc to help me set it up. (it wasn't a high priority at the time i won't lie lol) After all the crap with rss. I tried pywhatauto. Was easy to set up, though i could never get it to see anything :/ Tried it on bmtv and btn. Was in the announce channel but when i would run %stats. It would just say seen 0. Could never find anyone in there own channel that knew anything.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
@SG

the plugin brock wrote is much more user-friendly than something like pywhatauto

I'll admit i've had some problems getting it set up on some machine but never any problems USING it.

you might wanna look into trying it out.

I used to use rss but now i use the irc too