RSS not updating

das329717

May 25, 2018
Lol ya just slightly off now.......not that i mind cheesy.gif ok ok, so there is a way to have multiple watch folder destinations. With the plugin for using irissi, can you set each show to diff watch folder? Or at least say anything from one site. bmtv=watch1 hdbits=watch2 scc=watch3? That way i can separate hd|sd|movies?

Oh and btw looking thru my exec.log now, i have no errors. Still slow on the update :/ but now i think i will try irissi again cheesy.gif

das329717

May 25, 2018
@SG

the plugin brock wrote is much more user-friendly than something like pywhatauto

I'll admit i've had some problems getting it set up on some machine but never any problems USING it.

you might wanna look into trying it out.

I used to use rss but now i use the irc too
Yes each filter can override the global watch dir setting.

das329717

May 25, 2018
i used your auto install and set the info in /var/www/rutorrent/plugins/autodl-irssi/conf.php and then went to /.autodl/autodl.cfg to add in the port and pass but it was blank. In /.autodl there is autodl.cfg and autodl2.cfg. Both have nothing in them. In the conf.php it said
add a few options to the [options] section​

I am assuming there should be other information in there.

Running irssi in screen i can see it says

14:54 -!- Irssi: GUI server listening on 127.0.0.1:*****

Which is what i have set in both files. Yet ruT still says

[29.01.2011 14:56:07] Error downloading files. Make sure autodl-irssi is started and configured properly (eg. password, port number): Could not read file Tv TORRENTs ro.tracker: AJAX error, status: parsererror​
when i run ps x i can see autodl is running
32303 ? Ss 0:00 SCREEN -S autodl -d -t rtorrent -m rtorrent​
Strange now ruT is giving me this error

Bad response from server: (200 [parsererror,gettotal]) HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 22:56:21 GMT Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Authentication-Info: rspauth="***************", cnonce="***********", nc=*********, qop=auth X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.2-1ubuntu4.7 Content-Length: 51 Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=79 Connection: Keep-Alive Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8 ["3176324706","*********","********","***********"]​

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Stop irssi and run the installer. The installer will install everything you need and set it up correctly. Eg. you said autodl2.cfg was empty. It shouldn't be empty.

Also check your web server's error log for errors.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
shut down apache and just choose no for everything but irssi?
You only need to say yes when it asks you about the rutorrent plugin and autodl-irssi (and optionally the startup script and rtorrent). You've already set up rutorrent and apache, so you probably don't need to re-install them. Stop Irssi first.

das329717

May 25, 2018
So i did that. Now in autodl2.cfg it had the two lines with what looked liked random info. I replaced it with the port and pass i set in conf.php. Now ruT says
Error getting files listing: Error: Could not connect: (111) Connection refused​
tried port 36969,16969 and then 6969. Same error :/
Irssi just says
15:49 -!- Irssi: GUI server listening on 127.0.0.1:6969
15:50 -!- Irssi: Reading configuration files​

somus1735

May 25, 2018
So i did that. Now in autodl2.cfg it had the two lines with what looked liked random info. I replaced it with the port and pass i set in conf.php. Now ruT says

tried port 36969,16969 and then 6969. Same error :/
Irssi just says
If it added a port and password to your autodl2.cfg, then it also did the same thing to your conf.php file. Stop irssi, re-run the installer, and try again without changing the settings in conf.php and autodl2.cfg.

Please post in the other thread because this is WAY off topic.

das329717

May 25, 2018
RSS works on such way:

1) One per 30 min (or per another interval from plugins conf.php) rTorrent receive contents of all feeds and place its to local cache. In your case - to directory rutorrent/share/users/shankedgolfer/rss
rTorrent user must have permission for write to this directory. Check this.
2) When you load ruTorrent, web-server's user periodically load local cache and sent it to interface. Timer on interface show *this* interval.
3) When you manually update feed, web-server's user receive contents of feed, place its to local cache and send this info to ruTorrent interface
The rutorrent dir i chown -R www-data:www-data , and then chmod -R 777 . I just went off the install guide here. Should it be different? The user running rT is SG. Should i chown -R that?

I never tried this before, not sure what it means....... Rss has already loaded i can see snl in the feeds for bmtv. If i stop and remove the torrent. Then click on feeds bmtv. Mark all as unloaded. I can still see "snl" in the feeds for bmtv. But it still does not load it until the 15 min mark or if i manually click update. Then it loads it straight away........

jith45

May 25, 2018
Just wondering if you found a solution for why RSS doesn't update on the timer you set? I am having the same problem with my ruT, where i have set 5mins in the conf file, but it takes around 60 minutes to auto update the feeds. Even though the little timer next to the RSS feed counts down from 5mins all the time. I can see in the execute log that its roughly every 60 minutes.

I am thinking this is just an issue with the latest SVN, as my older version i had running a few weeks back didn't have this issue.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Hello, I also seem to have very same problem.
When I click on update feed manually, only then does the feed gets updated.

Kindly help me out.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
I decided to have a look. The reason it's not working is because there are three plugins using the same global variable $updateInterval, i.e., rss, 'trafic', and scheduler. scheduler's updateInterval is set to 60 (see its conf.php file). trafic's updateInterval is set to 15.

If you're not using the 'trafic' or scheduler plugins, you can remove them from your plugins directory and everything should be working (Novik will probably see this later and fix it, though). You may also need to restart rtorrent. Your .rtorrent.rc file should also call initplugins.php, eg. something like this:

Code:
execute = {sh,-c,/usr/bin/php /var/rutorrent/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php yourrutorrentname &}

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
I decided to have a look. The reason it's not working is because there are three plugins using the same global variable $updateInterval, i.e., rss, 'trafic', and scheduler. scheduler's updateInterval is set to 60 (see its conf.php file). trafic's updateInterval is set to 15.
Really, this is a not reason. This is a consequence only. But anyway, thanx, i guess this problem is a solved now.

somus1735

May 25, 2018

If you're not using the 'trafic' or scheduler plugins, you can remove them from your plugins directory and everything should be working (Novik will probably see this later and fix it, though). You may also need to restart rtorrent. Your .rtorrent.rc file should also call initplugins.php, eg. something like this
Hey brock,

I don't know how to thank you buddy! Its working perfectly now. Thanks a million!

somus1735

May 25, 2018
so what was the reason?
Multiple php files (conf.php) included once, each one overwriting the other conf.php's updateInterval variable. That's why some people got a 60 mins wait, and others got a 15 mins wait before the RSS plugin updated itself.

jith45

May 25, 2018
so what was the reason?
Addition one "incorrect" statement "require_once" into the file php/getplugins.php.

BTW, brock, is you need write permissions for project svn? I may grant it to you, if you need it and have some time for work on this project.