RSS Plugin - Episode Tracking

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
you can prevent duplicates if you do it properly i ASSURE you.

if you'd just TRY

but hey, heres the SOLUTUON

try it
but don't set it to START the torrent. Go back and look agt my picture ealrier, you can set it download the .torrent but not start it. Use this till you get it functioning right.

I assure you, you can prevent dupes. but honestly why does it matter? just use a watch dir and use the more advanced system.

You've been given 2 solutions to the problem. It might not be the ones you want, but both are valid.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
The only way to prevent duplicates right now would be to break down the regex to an episode basis (one filter per episode, download once, no matter which group). But that is only a work-around. Doable but not very convenient.

Since i do see a good potential for your input to be implemented sooner or later i would love to see your input on the developer site since you have a perfect example of what you would like to see http://code.google.com/p/rutorrent/issues/list

das329717

May 25, 2018
actually, that isn't the only way.

you can also make a more specialized regex which will only download one type of show from one season

then set it to only download once per week. but yah, your way will work too. It's totally doable. I'm not going to say its 100% foolproof because it will vary from site to site and how you do your regex but i've done it myself for people and it works pretty well.

but oh well, we don't have the tracking he's looking for yet, so the best thing to do would be to use a watch dir.

jith45

May 25, 2018
Sax,

Yeah. I understand this - If I have 10 shows, that each have 10 episodes left - that'd be 100 entries. And in my case, I have a lot more. cheesy.gif

I'll see If I can't formulate a ticket that explains it, it might be a good idea if you chime in on that too if my explanation isn't so clear. wink.gif

--
Cad.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
If you use your episodes example it should be fine with a few sentences for explanation.

Feel free to send me the link if i miss it and i can add my vote and/or further explanation if needed.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
And this is exactly the way it should have been handled from the beginning. I agree with this ticket, i think we need to have my RSS addition of "grouping" addressed first, but this would be nice.

das329717

May 25, 2018
Thanks for that Cad.

And thanks for the tip with rssdler. I am using rtorrent/rssdler via ssh+screen (99% of the time) or via ntorrent or via rutorrent. Until now i didn't care about some false positive hits and additional downloads as long as everything i wanted was in there. Now you made me curious about how the "auto-increment" with rssdler would work.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
oh, i know, i remember.

I answered your question too, but somehow you took what i said to mean something else, which i corrected, and it led us down a path which completely side tracked productivity.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Week 1;
Lost S06E02.HDTV.XviD-NoTV.torrent
Lost S06E03.HDTV.XviD-P0W4.torrent

Week 2;
Lost S06E03.HDTV.XviD-2HD.torrent
Lost S06E04.HDTV.XviD-P0W4.torrent
Lost S06E02.HDTV.XviD-P0W4.torrent
Lost S06E03.HDTV.XviD-NoTV.torrent

Week 3;
Lost S06E05.HDTV.XviD-P0W4.torrent
Lost S06E04.HDTV.XviD-2HD.torrent
Lost S06E02.HDTV.XviD-2HD.torrent

Week 4;
Lost S06E05.HDTV.XviD-2HD.torrent
Lost S06E04.HDTV.XviD-NoTV.torrent
Lost S06E05.HDTV.XviD-NoTV.torrent​

just set the match interval high enough , as normally scene does not release old eps 1 month later again. that only happens when they do HD or dvdrip , and before it was TVrip. but if you filter just on tvrip you should be ok

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
exactly. If you know the tv schedule and plan ahead it works fine.

His RSS option is quite nice though, and i'd love to see it hit rutorrent at some point.

das329717

May 25, 2018
yep that is indeed nice, I use a program like that for newsgroups.
It has a sort of "database" behind it , to remember downloaded eps.

Works great indeed

+1 for this RSS feed program, maybe it is very easy to make a webfront for his app, maybe in a tab even ??

jith45

May 25, 2018
Yup - I understand what you're saying re: the match interval high enough, but unfortunately it doesn't completely solve the issue for me. The pre times on the tracker I use are a little all over the place - so sometimes this may work, other times I end up with dupe's. wink.gif

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Haha - quite probably. My tracker is good - it has what I need - and you already know it's shortcomings.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Well i think it's a good sign that your feature request hasn't benn marked as WONT FIX.

Normally, if they are not going to be tried, or worked on, they will be marked as wont fix within a few hours of making the request.

das329717

May 25, 2018
That's pretty good news. I see it as a reasonably important fix - and in all reality, I think that when it does happen - it'll make rutorrent the ultimate web interface - and the defacto standard for linux based setups.

Not that it isn't at the moment.

I originally came over from an old 2003 server running uTorrent, which was great. I then moved to a linux based NAS (home built) - of which I put transmission on. After running that for a while - I ended up hating the interface in transmission. It ran well, but it wasn't really that useful when you've got a LOT of torrent's your seeding - or just a big list for that matter.

So - as of about 5 minutes ago, I've finished setting up ruTorrent. I've moved all of my torrent's across, setup init scripts - applied security - and I'm happy so far. I need to run it for a week or so first to work out some kinks I imagine, but a happy camper so far.

Still running torrentwatch for my RSS needs for now, but I'm also running the ruTorrent RSS in parallel so I can see how it reacts. smiley.gif

jith45

May 25, 2018
When it comes to a NAS you should look at FreeBSD or OpenSolaris. ZFS is lightyears ahead of anything in linux.