RSS Plugin - Episode Tracking

somus1735

May 25, 2018
I run the the OpenFiler Appliance. It's built on rPath which I think is CentOS based.

It's a great distro - really fast. The only downside is due to it being a pretty locked down rPath appliance, you need to compile everything you need.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
it's still on an inferior filesystem unfortunately.

There is nothing out there even close to ZFS currently.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
To breathe some life into this interesting topic. Would it really need a database? you really just need to add a local compare option which would mean

eg.

Bones S05E01.HDTV.720p-MYTH

would match with e.g. Bones.*S[0-9][5-9]E[0-9][0-9].*720p.*

But in the new type break down the regex to something that did

Bones.*S([0-9][5-9])E([0-9][0-9]).*720p.*

the following results in exporting the values of the results in the () groups
so you'd get group[1] = 01 and group[2]=01

then the same regex could be set to run in the download folder with the variables filled in so that you, if you specified season and episode to output variables could end up doing a local match for

$localkey = "Bones.*S".$group[1]."E"$group[2].".*720p.*";
which essentially means: Bones.*S01E01.*720p.*

This would essentially allow the script to make an intelligent local match based descision that'd be customizable in detail level by what the user chooses to specify

So

1. Bones.*S([0-9][5-9])E([0-9][0-9]).*720p.* (Modified for variable output for Season and Episode Finds Match Bones S05E01.HDTV.720p-MYTH
2. plugin runs Bones.*S01E01.*720p.* against $DownloadFolder, Finds Match against Bones S05E01.WEBTV.720p-Other and decides that the user allready has the episode so it doesn't download it again.

This would also allow for; with a proper enough regex that people could compare the group they had locally to see if a proper was relevant to them

das329717

May 25, 2018
this would only work for a vary narrow range of setups.

many people don't keep the files locallaly and STILL don't want to download them.

any sort of epispde tracking will need SOME sort of database (not saying it will need an sql type db) to keep track of which files it has downloaded, and it will also need logic to figure out what is consider a match.

PErsonally, i do not believe this is needed. You can get results which work fine using the system we currently have. If someone else wants to write a plugin, or submit patches against ours, we'd be happy to see either.

jith45

May 25, 2018
Possible, though I don't see the sollution with matching once a week that you discussed earlier handling situations like start of seasons where some series release 2 episodes in one day just as an example.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
well the current systme works fine for me. If you have a better method, i'd be glad to test it once you submit your patches, or write your plugin.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Looking into that, though I must say that the current plugin is slightly intimidating to dive into as a first OOPHP task ^^