[Bounty] Plugin to browse and download files

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Hi, actually on debian lenny I get this behavior :
on copy, move, delete, zipping, raring : Request failure200 parsererror undefined
open, rename, new torrent, new directory, make sfv, mediainfo, read nfo : OK

I will try some other tests tomorow. On wich OS have you running the plugin ?

++

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
nico, earlier you told me you had issues with rar/unrar/zip

Did you edit the conf.php? I had to edit it.

Also, i needed to change rar to unrar

EDIT:

ok, the new version doesn't work for me at all.

I get this error:

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Hi hwk, I'm happy too ^^ I still have problem with rar/zip/move/copy even with right settings in conf.php on debian 6.0. I will try on other OS soon.

Wonslung, if you change nme in conf or if you're sure that you have rar/zip/unzip remove this web.external.error: rar,zip,unzip in plugin.info

++ Nico

das329717

May 25, 2018
You got those error because the binaries are not available in the shell environment, make a symlink of the binaries in /usr/local/bin/ or /usr/bin so it can be tested by rutorrent.

This is how rutorrent works (see mediainfo, rss and other plugins)

Also, if you use unrar instead of rar, your won't be able to create rar archives, make sure you get the latest rar from rarlab.com and create a symlink of rar_static, to your local app dir (/usr/local/bin/rar), after give it a test and see if all binaries work on the shell (exec zip/unzip/rar)

Hi hwk, I'm happy too ^^ I still have problem with rar/zip/move/copy even with right settings in conf.php on debian 6.0. I will try on other OS soon.

Wonslung, if you change nme in conf or if you're sure that you have rar/zip/unzip remove this web.external.error: rar,zip,unzip in plugin.info

++ Nico​

Make sure that the batch scripts have execute permission, all of them in filemanager/scripts directory.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
no, i am not a fool hwk.

they exist.

The first version you posted worked fine with zip unzip and all that.

i'm getting those errors because the version you posted is bugged.

editing plugin.info works of course, but it's still a bug in the code because it doesn't work when it's obviously set to the right path.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
hwk, all in all i'm very satisfied with this plugin (the first version, the second version is still giving me issues)

I would like to see you open a googlecode or sourceforge for this to make it easier for people to update between versions and fix the issues posted. If you're planning to do this I will have no problem paying my part of the bounty. Personally i do not need this plugin, but posted the bounty simply to get this made (Basically this is due to a long story.....Xirvik paid to have an explorer made, had promised he'd release it to the forums and at the same time had the dev team agree not to release it to the public. when it came time for him to live up to his end of the deal, he bitched out....so novik couldn't release it due to this deal...all in all it was a very wise business move on his part but it stuck me as INCREDIBLY SHADY. So this is why i originally posted this bounty. I personally don't need it but i wanted to make sure the community got the last laugh.)

Anyways, Since you seem to be making a good faith effort, if you're still cool with this, i will pay bounty.

Post a link.

das329717

May 25, 2018
Damned ! I'm really a idiot... It's work great now. I have a few question : do you think it will be possible to make streaming work (with divx web player or other) ?

What about file >2Gb (command begin but seems never finish...) ?
EDIT : Work fine !

Minor bug : - when I check sfv I have "1/3 : ..." instead "1/1"
Major bug : - problem with special character (éèàî...) can create dir but can't archiving, moving, renaming...

somus1735

May 25, 2018
nico, what did you do to make it work? I'm still having slight issues with the new version.

ok, Again, with the new version:

I can get most of the stuff working but i have to remove the error checking even if the paths are correct (this shouldnt' happen...It used ot happen with the mediainfo plugin as well but was fixed)

The button which should go "back" should be at the TOP of the screen, not the bottom, but other than that...it's looking good.

Edit:

another weird issue (but not a major issue)

When i first load rutorrent, it seems to initially only show the directories of the torrents which are running. It doesn't show the other directories.

If i click the "reload the files" icon it seems to show them all, so it's not a major issue, just strange

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Hi
Thanks hwk for coming back. I am getting "Destination not permitted" error while trying to create rar or zip archives. could you please tell me what should I do? thanks

das329717

May 25, 2018
Just tested it on Debian 6, works flawlessly.

All in all, it works as expected on:
-CentOS (Fedora also since it relies on RH)
-Ubuntu 10
-Debian 6

To get rid of those missing binaries errors:
Debian: apt-get install zip unzip ;
Ubuntu: apt-get install zip unzip rar;
CentOS/FEDORA/RH: yum install zip unzip;

RAR on debian/RH:
cd /tmp ; wget http://rarlab.com/rar/rarlinux-4.0.0.tar.gz ; tar -xzvf rarlinux-4.0.0.tar.gz ; cp rar/rar_static /usr/local/bin/rar ; chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/rar)

Quote from: nicobubulle on March 22, 2011, 03:03:49 am
Damned ! I'm really a idiot... It's work great now. I have a few question : do you think it will be possible to make streaming work (with divx web player or other) ? What about file >2Gb (command begin but seems never finish...) ?​

Streaming works without Basic AUTH, a bypass could be to set up the streamer (view.php) in another path on the same domain which is not protected by Web AUTH. Also setting a subdomain specially for file serving, will make things work better with download/streaming, since browsers allow only 2 connections per domain (while downloading ruTorrent will freeze/timeout).
Its a DivX WebPlayer issue; also its highly unstable, if you try to view a non supported video format, the player will crash and it will not work at all. PC restart is necessary to get it working again (no matter what browser you are using).

Downloading large files using Firefox doesn't seem to work (i guess the file is loaded into memory if it hasn't got the filesize, to decide to write it to hdd. It works in Chrome (haven't tested it on other browsers).

Hi
Thanks hwk for coming back. I am getting "Destination not permitted" error while trying to create rar or zip archives. could you please tell me what should I do? thanks​

Well try another path. EX: hello.nfo / you can move/copy/extract to hello.nfo since is a file

EDIT: What other linux distros should i try the plugin on?
I'm planning to test it on arch linux, since it was reported not to work on it.

jith45

May 25, 2018
Ok good to know ! Can you put path for streaming in conf file and put "view" option for mkv file too ? Did you see above I have edited my post :

Minor bug : - when I check sfv I have "1/3 : ..." instead "1/1"
Major bug : - problem with special character (éèàî...) can create dir but can't archiving, moving, renaming...

I also up my original bounty to $100 as you make streaming function work with external path with a htaccess to resctrict access only for rutorrent.

++ Nico

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Uhm, it interprets comment lines in the SFV file as file names (does not affect the functionality of the SFV check, only the file counter), will be fixed.

As for the unicode support, no problem here, gave it a try and here are the result, check your php: http://i53.tinypic.com/25in0p3.png

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
hwk, can we please get a reposity with svn. Either google code, sourceforge or if you want i can host it at redmine.rutorrent.org

I just want to make sure people have a clear and simple upgrade path between versions. Also, please pm me or post your paypal link after we have this community based svn setup. If you wish to use my hosting at redmine.rutorrent.org i will make you the admin of the project.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
hwk I'm Trying to solve my permission issue.
By the way can you please add ability for password protecting rar files?

das329717

May 25, 2018
Here is an updated version which contains some tweaks and those mentioned bugs removed:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8bt004cmvjarjyy

I don't own a svn, feel free to host it anywhere.

There are some improvements which can be done to it, including user requests (ex: password archive), but all of these in future versions.
For now this one must be tested to spot bugs.

@I also up my original bounty to $100 as you make streaming function work with external path with a htaccess to resctrict access only for rutorrent.

Please provide more information (is the stream link hosted on the same domain)?

hwk I'm Trying to solve my permission issue.
By the way can you please add ability for password protecting rar files?​

Please post the output of the command/context/error msg/screenshots.